search  current discussion  categories  business - taxes 

tax filing (federal) for free, irs pays for it.

updated fri 21 jan 05


William Sheppard on thu 20 jan 05

Hi ya'll,

I just read in my newspaper that the IRS wants us to file our taxes
using our computers and will pay computer software web sites so we get the
service for FREE. I have been using Turbo-Tax, paying their fee for a
couple of years now and it can now be used for free.

The TRICK is that you have to go to the web site first and
then log on to one of many offered web tax services that are part of the
FREE service. My Turbo-Tax is one of many available. Go to
and look for the FREE tax filing area. Save some bucks.

William A. Sheppard