TonyFerg on thu 7 oct 04
I'm picking up Tom Coleman tomorrow for the workshop in Minneapolis on
Saturday and Sunday. This is a workshop not to be missed. Would be great
to see any clayarters there. Refreshments and food provided.
Tom Coleman Workshop
presented by Aquarius Art Gallery and
Ernest Miller Studio
October 9th Saturday 2004, 9am - 5pm
October 10th Sunday 2004, 9am - 5pm
$150 for both days. One day $100. Fulltime students, $100
To register, now pay at the door.
Workshop will be held at Ernest Miller Studio.
1500 Jackson St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Questions? Contact Ernest Miller via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 612-386-2291
Point to point directions.
Map of area.
To view Tom Colemans work go to:
Super 8, 2401 Prior Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113,
Stalite, 4720 Central Ave NE, Fridley, MN 55421
( 763-571-8656) Does not take reservations but cheaper.
Here are some of the things that Tom covers in a two-day workshop.
Saturday, Oct 9th, First Day:
1. A brief history of his involvement with porcelain as a medium.
2. A demonstration of throwing several different forms and creating altered
3. Throwing functional forms.
4. An ongoing discussion and demonstration of different decorating
Sunday, Oct 10th, Second Day:
1. Assembling the pieces produced the day before.
2. A discussion on various ways of formulating porcelain clay bodies and
3. A brief discussion on how to approach marketing your work.
4. A discussion on how to take good professional quality photographs of your
work for consideration in magazine's, books, and entry in fairs and shows.
5. Tom's approach and general philosophy on working as a clay artist for the
last 37 years.
6. A slide show of Tom's past and present work
7. Tom Coleman (high end piece) pot raffle
Tom is willing to cover most any subject that the participants might bring
up during the workshop. He has 37 years of experience and is willing to
share information with any one who wants to know certain things. Tom will
also have his work and books available for purchase at the workshop.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT TOM COLEMAN, GO TO: www.tomandelainecoleman.com