search  current discussion  categories  business - liability & insurance 

inland marine insurance

updated sun 3 jun 01


Jeanette Harris on sat 2 jun 01

I was just reading in an art marketing book that some people use Inland
Marine insurance to cover works that are shipped. It's a policy that you
can buy yearly.

The book states that it can be used in place of regular shipping insurance
from carriers. I would think that if you do a lot of shipping to gallerys
on a wholesale basis, it would make sense. Or if you sent high value items
to customers or shows.

Do any of the CLAYART folk use this type of insurance?

If so, what has been your experience with premiums and claims?

Is it cheaper than insuring each shipment with the carrier?

Thanks in advance for your input.