Andie Carpenter on thu 15 feb 01
It has been expressed to me that many of you would like your partner's
name a little earlier this year, to promote more opportunity to make a
new friend, and also so that you could ask them if they'd really prefer
a mug, or if your sculpture/vase/teabowl/candleholder is okay. I think
this is a great idea, therefore, I started sorting through & making
matches yesterday (valentine's Day seemed appropriate). I will be
sending out emails with your partner's name over the next few days.
: ) Andie Carpenter
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1) Read this WHOLE email
2) Check the list below to make sure your name is on it, or off it, as
3) Start watching for an email, off list, with your partner's name.
Especially if you're quick with the delete key.
4) Get in touch with your partner & start planning your exchange
1) If you're not on the list, or are but want to be removed, go to the
bottom of this email, read the instructions for getting on the list, and
then email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. If I don't have your full info by
February 18, 2001, then I won't be able to find you a partner.
2) If you're on the list but have not received your partner's info by
February 20, 2001, email email@example.com
3) If your partner never responds, email to their address bounces, or
something similar, email firstname.lastname@example.org
4) If you mail a mug & never hear from your partner again, email
email@example.com (I suspect at this point you're seeing the pattern,
so I won't go on...)
Okay, here's the current list of stay-at-home mug exchange participants.
PLEASE check the list before you email your info, to avoid double
entries. If you're not on here, I don't have your info (if you sent an
email saying "sign me up", but didn't include any info, you're not on
the list). Any questions or concerns, please email Andie Carpenter at
firstname.lastname@example.org. The mug exchange instructions (info needed, dates,
etc.) are at the bottom of the list of names.
Sara Jh Ashodian
Leona Stonebridge Arthen
Stephen C. Cappelli
Mayssan Shora Farra
Lynne and Bruce Girrell
Rose & Mike Haldiman
Joyce A. Kristoffy
Mary L. Lynch
MarieElaine E. Lanza
Jennifer W. May
Louise R. Roess
Colleen A. Schneider
C. A. Sanger
Joanne L. Van Bezooyen
TO GET ON THE LIST AT THIS POINT
1) Send your name, mailing address, and preferred email address OFF LIST
to email@example.com, preferably with MUG EXCHANGE in the subject
line, no later than February 18, 2001
2) Make your mug, candleholder, vase, bowl, or whatever you would like
3) Watch your email & Clayart for updates, and make sure your name is on
the list of participants when posted.
4) Begin watching for an off list email with your partner's name and
address. If you haven't seen such an email
by FEBRUARY 20, 2001, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be ready to
your exchange piece by the NCECA dates of March 28-31 (not in early
April, not sometime over the summer, but the week ending March 31,
5) Enjoy!! Last year many Clayarters got to "meet" others from the list.
This should be a fun exchange for all!!
1) Don't post your info or other exchange questions to the list
2) DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PARTICIPATE.
3) Don't worry about being a student / new to clay / attending NCECA /
etc. Everybody gets
a chance to participate.