Louis H.. Katz on mon 13 sep 99
CRITERIA/PROCEDURES -- NCECA EMERGING ARTISTS NOMINATIONS AND
1. Individuals must be nominated by someone in the field of ceramics,
an individual may nominate herself/himself and include a letter of
recommendation from someone in the field of ceramics.
2. Nominee must show exceptional promise in the field of ceramics.
3. Nominee must not currently be a student.
4. Nominee must submit 12 slides labeled with his/her name, title,
and dimensions along with a complete resume and a letter of
5. Those chosen as a 2000 Emerging Artist must attend the conference in
Denver, CO. Each artist will give a 12-minute slide presentation of
her/his work, for which the standard presenter's honorarium will be
(The Emerging Artists session will be held on Saturday, March 25, 2000.)
6. All materials should be mailed to:
Art Department, College of Fine Arts
University of Arizona
PO Box 210002
Tucson, AZ 85721-0002
7. SLIDES AND LETTERS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN October 11, 1999.
8. A self-addressed stamped envelope must be included or slides will
9. JURORS: Jim Connell, NCECA 2001 On-site Conference Liaison, Rock
SC and Aurore Chabot, NCECA Director-at-Large.
10. NOTIFICATION OF THE NCECA 2000 EMERGING ARTISTS WILL BE DECEMBER 3,
11. QUESTIONS: contact: Aurore Chabot
(520) 623-3582 (home)
(520) 621-3136 (Univ Office)
firstname.lastname@example.org (email address)