Pat Yoder on thu 8 jul 99
I have recently experimented with Bob Kavanagh's S-2 glaze with slips which
I found in the Jan 1996 issue of CM. The results are beautiful but with all
the recent talk of glaze toxicity I am concerned about the unwashed hardwood
ash in the slips. Would these be considered food safe? Could the ash leach
through the cone 7-8 glaze and would it be considered toxic once fired.
I would love to continue experimenting with these slips and would like any
thoughts on this subject.