Joy Holdread on fri 8 jan 99
The Southern AZ Clay Artists are sponsoring "That's Art Biz" a two day
workshop in Tucson January 16 & 17.
....Oh that life could be so simple, we create art, it sells, we live happily
ever after. Success as an artist is not simple, but fortunately Tucson clay
artist, Joy L. Holdread developed a business course for the visual artist -
"THAT'S ART BIZ".
* Goal setting, time management & decision making
* Graphic needs, short cuts on a shoe string budget
* Photo-documentation, three types & media releases
* Resumes & portfolio development
* Commissions, project budgets, contracts and other legal issues
* Consignment contracts and AZ State laws for artists
* Time lines, policy, professional growth & marketing
* Pricing, overhead, financial planning
* B+ ( be positive) maintaining positive growth attitudes
Evaluating & planning
Workshop includes a work book, printouts & reference sources.
As an artist I'm concerned about every artist's success; the more information
we share the greater our success. Of particular interest to me at this time
are consignment laws. Arizona's existing laws protect artists but they aren't
enforced. My piecemeal efforts to educate gallery owners and artists
individually haven't satisfied me. I feel as if I'm reinventing the wheel
daily. I want to educate every artist and encourage all of us to require
galleries to honor consignment laws.
I believe the cost is $55. for SACA members & $65. for non members.
Workshop meets 9-4 both days.
Contact E. Zank at Hummingbird House retreat center 520-742-3969
or Contact Holdread Studio at (520) 628-8180