search  current discussion  categories  business - liability & insurance 

insurance at fairs

updated fri 5 dec 97


Eleanora Eden on wed 3 dec 97

I have seen it mentioned that people have riders on their home insurance
that covers accidents at fairs. My insurer does not offer this and it
would be so helpful if anybody with such coverage could give me the name of
the company. I will start checking with independent brokers. Any hints on
what to say and maybe more importantly what not to say?
Eleanora Eden 802 869-2003
Paradise Hill
Bellows Falls, VT 05101

Kathi LeSueur on thu 4 dec 97

You need to go to an independent insurance broker. Look for someone who
writes business insurance. CNA is a good company for insuring both your home
and studio. It is imperative that your insurance company knows what you are
doing. If you tell the agent it is a hobby or the agent writes it up like
that, the chance of having a claim denied is very high.