search  current discussion  categories  glazes - cone 4-7 

glaze question cone 6

updated wed 31 jul 96 on tue 16 jul 96

A friend asked me and I also want to some of the shows, I've seen
a glaze combination wherein there is a base glaze which appears to cover the
pot, then another glaze applied at, on or near the rim of the pot which falls
down into the base do they DO that?

I use the standard 50% GB glaze recipe and have an iron slip recipe which,
when painted on, will fall into the GB, but the applications I have seen
appear more substantial.

Can anyone help? Rochester NY